Yi DingPhD Student
|Phone:||+31 6 33487729|
Projects and Research Interests
- Decision-making neuroscience
My PhD project
In my PhD project, under supervision of Prof. Dr. Xu Chen (in China) and Prof. Dr. Paul van Lange, we mainly focus on how social factors influence people’s responses to unfairness. This PhD project is financially supported by China Scholarship Council (CSC) and VU University Amsterdam.
- 2015 – Joint Ph.D. Student, social Psychology, VU University Amsterdam & Southwest University
- 2014 – Ph.D. Student, Developmental and Educational Psychology, Southwest University, China
- 2011 – 2014 M.Ed., Developmental and Educational Psychology, Southwest University, China
- 2007 – 2011 B.S., Applied Psychology, Hefei University, China
- I'm interested in the role of punishment, socioeconomic status and specific emotions (guilt, regret, etc.) on fairness, cooperation and other economic behaviors. Such as how financial status affects human prosocial behaviors? How is the financial behavior of individuals influenced by their personality (e.g. SVOs) and/or by their personal situation?
- I'm also interested in the underlying neural mechanisms of human prosocial behaviors, such as using fMRI to study people in response to fairness or unfairness.
|Y Ding, J Wu, T Ji, X Chen & PAM Van Lange (2017) The rich are easily offended by unfairness: Wealth triggers spiteful rejection of unfair offers. Journal of Experimental Social Psychology 71, 138–144|
|Y Liu, Y Ding, L Lu & X Chen (2017) Attention Bias of Avoidant Individuals to Attachment Emotion Pictures. Scientific Reports 7|
|Y Ding, TT Ji & X Chen (2016) The Way Evaluation Tastes: Tasting as an Embodied Cue of Evaluation. Current Psychology 35 (3), 309–315|
|丁毅， 纪婷婷， 陈旭 (2015) 社会两难情境下的合作选择: 自我利益和集体利益间的权衡. 心理学探新 2 (011), 158-163|
|Y Ding, TT Ji, X Chen & G Hitchman (2014) Fear of Rejection or Concern for Fairness: The Proposer's Offering Behavior in the Ultimatum Game. Social Behavior and Personality: an international journal 42 (3), 401-406|
|TT Ji, Y Ding, H Deng, M Jing & Q Jiang (2013) Does "spicy girl" have a peppery temper? the metaphorical link between spicy tastes and anger. Social Behavior and Personality: an international journal 41 (8), 1379-1385|
|Y DING, T JI, W ZOU, Y LIU, G RAN & X CHEN (2013) The metaphorical mapping of social affection on temperature: Action mechanisms and its explanation. Advances in Psychological Science 21 (6), 1133-1140|
|G RAN, L ZHAO, X CHEN, Y DING, Y PAN, Y LIU & W ZHOU (2013) Cognitive Mechanism and Neural Mechanism of Developmental Prosopagnosia. Advances in Psychological Science 21 (5), 808-816|
|冉光明， 赵乐， 陈旭， 丁毅， 潘彦谷， 刘燕， 邹文谦 (2013) 发展性面孔失认的认知机制及其神经基础. 心理科学进展 21 (5), 808-816|
|丁毅， 纪婷婷， 邹文谦， 刘燕， 冉光明， 陈旭 (2013) 物理温度向社会情感的隐喻映射: 作用机制及其解释. 心理科学进展 6 (026), 1133-1140|
|丁毅， 纪婷婷， 陈旭 (2012) 利他惩罚的发生机制及其神经基础. 心理发展与教育 28 (006), 658-664|